It is that time of year again – the Lady Pies are showing our support for survivors of violence by punching 1,000 punches at the 2013 Punch-a-Thon to support the Center for Anti-violence Education. On Sunday, June 2nd, we will punch 1,000 punches to represent confidence and empowerment for survivors of violence. Every 100 punches will be dedicated to ending a different form of violence.Â Last year, the Lady Pies were theÂ top fundraising teamÂ for the event, and we’re ready for a repeat.
Please support the Lady Pies team by Â donating to our team here. No donation is too small!
Like a walk-a-thon, you can sponsor a specific participant or our team to complete 1,000 punches.
- $25: covers the cost of childcare so that a parent can attend self-defense, healing, and empowerment workshops for survivors of violence.
- $50: provides a teen woman or trans youth one session in the after-school program Power, Action, Change for Teens.
- $100: enables a survivor of domestic violence to participate in self-defense classes
- $250: supports two violence prevention sessions for a homeless LGBTQ young person, which focus on safety planning and using your voice to advocate for yourself and others
- $500: provides a pre-teen girl with a 5-week course that helps her build self-respect and develop strategies to prevent bullying, relationship abuse, and sexual harassment
About CAE: For 38 years, The Center for Anti-violence Education has been teaching women, children, teens, and LGBT individuals verbal and physical strategies to protect themselves and break cycles of violence in their lives and communities. CAE has a bedrock commitment to serving low-income families and offer our violence-prevention courses on a sliding fee scale. Courses for survivors of domestic violence and sexual assault are free of charge, and free childcare is available at all classes.
Donations are tax-deductible and all proceeds go to support the valuable work that CAE is offering to the women of Brooklyn and beyond.
With your generous donation, the Lady Pies will partner with the CAE to tackle violence once and for all!