Fill out the form below to be eligible to play for the Magpies and continue to New York Magpies’ Venmo to pay your player dues* for the season once registered.
First year players – $75
Returning players – $125
*Please note that dues are paid separately from registration. All players must register annually with the New York Magpies.
New York Magpies’ Player and Coaches Code of Conduct
As the New York Magpies, we all have a responsibility to promote high standards of behavior both on and off the field, within the club and with our interactions with other clubs in the USAFL.
New York Magpies’ Values
As members of the New York Magpies Football club, we hold these values at the center of our culture:
Treating others as you wish to be treated. As respectful players and coaches, we will accept decisions by officials or superiors without violence on or off the field, act considerately toward clubmates, respect each others’ privacy and personal space, and attempt to resolve differences without insults or violence.
As Magpies, we will speak respectfully, we are the bigger people during confrontation in a game, and we remain respectful even when provoked. We will accept victory and defeat with a standard of competitiveness and respectfulness that will make our teammates, coaches, and club proud.
We have a responsibility to ourselves, our teammates, our coaches, and our club to persevere and do the right thing. Being a responsible athlete or coach means that we’re reliable, self-disciplined, and considerate. Being a responsible player means letting your coach a team know when there is a situation that prevents you from attending trainings and games, and bringing your best self to the field for the club. Being a responsible coach means being prepared, encouraging, and having a duty of care for your players at the forefront. As club members, we consider the consequences of actions – for ourselves, our teammates, and the club – before acting rashly and accept responsibility for actions that lead to unexpected consequences.
Being caring involves compassion, gratitude, and empathy. As a club, we can can be both highly competitive and caring at the same time. Athletes and coaches who are caring are gracious in both victory and defeat; they readily acknowledge the contributions of others to their success. Caring means that we play for our team rather than just for ourselves. We promote the health and safety of everyone involved in sport.
Honesty involves being truthful and forthright and acting with integrity and loyalty. Players and coaches show their honesty by speaking and acting consistently and by always doing the right thing. The motives and actions of honest coaches and athletes are rarely questioned because their actions are backed up by a personal sense of integrity.
Players and coaches who play fairly will always play by the rules, regardless of how doing so affects the outcome of the game. We display a sense of fairness by not taking unfair advantage by bending or circumventing the rules. Fairness can also be applied to criteria for determining awards or playing time.
1. I will respect the rights, dignity and worth of all individuals within the context of my involvement in Australian Football, by refraining from any discriminatory practices including, but not limited to, discrimination on the basis of race, religion, gender, ethnic background, special ability/disability or sexual orientation, preference or identity.
2. I will abide by and teach the AFL Laws of the Game and the Rules and Values of the New York Magpies and the USAFL.
3. I will display and foster respect for clubmates, umpires, opponents, coaches, administrators, other officials, and spectators.
4. I will ensure that players in the club are involved in a positive and safe environment where skill-learning, development, and club camaraderie are priorities.
I agree to the following terms:
1. I agree to abide by the New York Magpies’ Code of Conduct.
2. I acknowledge that the New York Magpies, or a body affiliated with the New York Magpies, may take disciplinary action against me if I breach the code of conduct. I understand that the New York Magpies, or a body affiliated with the New York Magpies, is required to implement a complaints-handling procedure in accordance with the principles of natural justice, in the event of an allegation against me.
3. I acknowledge that disciplinary action against me may include de-registration from the New York Magpies Football Club.
Note: This New York Magpies Players’ Code of Conduct is to be signed and conformed to as part of the requirements for membership in the New York Magpies Football Club.
Waiver and Release of Liability and Assumption of Risk
In consideration of me being allowed to participate in any New York Magpies Australian Football Club Inc. (New York Magpies) sponsored Activities (Activity), I agree:
1. I understand the nature of New York Magpies Activities and acknowledge my experience and capabilities and believe I am qualified to participate in such Activity. I further acknowledge that I am aware that the Activity will be conducted in facilities open to the public during the Activity. I further agree and warrant that if, at any time, I believe conditions to be unsafe, I will immediately discontinue further participation in the Activity.
2. I acknowledge that to participate in any New York Magpies Activities I must have a health insurance policy valid for coverage in the United States, AND BY EXECUTING THIS AGREEMENT, WARRANT THAT I HAVE SUCH A VALID HEALTH INSURANCE POLICY.
3. I FULLY UNDERSTAND that: (a) New York Magpies Activities involve risks and dangers which include, but are not limited by, strained or torn muscles and ligaments, broken bones, and other MORE SERIOUS BODILY INJURIES, INCLUDING PERMANENT DISABILITY, PARALYSIS AND DEATH (collectively known as Risks); (b) these Risks may be caused by my own actions, or inactions, the actions or inactions of others participating in the Activity, the condition in which the Activity takes place or THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES NAMED BELOW (c) there may be other risks and social and economic losses either not known to me or not readily foreseeable at this time; and I FULLY ACCEPT AND ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS AND ALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR LOSSES, COSTS, AND DAMAGES incurred as a result of my participation in the Activity.
4. I HEREBY RELEASE, DISCHARGE, CONVENANT NOT TO SUE, AND AGREE TO HOLD HARMLESS the New York Magpies and its respective administrators, directors, agents, officers, volunteers, and employees, other participants, any sponsors, advertisers, and if applicable, owners and lessors of premises on which the Activity takes place (each considered one of the Releasees herein) from all liability, claims, demands, losses, or damages on account caused or alleged to be caused in whole or in part by the negligence of the Releasees or otherwise, including negligent rescue operations and further agree that if, despite this release, I, or anyone on my behalf makes a claim against any of the Releasees named above, I WILL INDEMNIFY, SAVE AND HOLD HARMLESS EACH OF THE RELEASEES FROM ANY LITIGATION EXPENSES, ATTORNEY FEES, LOSS LIABILITY, DAMAGE OR COST ANY MAY INCUR AS THE RESULT OF ANY SUCH CLAIM. I also undertake that if any such claim is made, it will be subject to the jurisdiction of the State of New York.
5. I HEREBY GRANT to the New York Magpies a non-exclusive, transferable, world-wide license to use my name, likeness, persona or identifying characteristics in connection with the broadcasting of New York Magpies Activities and in connection with advertising, publicizing, exhibiting and exploiting New York Magpies Activities in whole or in part, by any and all means, media, devices, processes and technology now or hereafter known or devised in perpetuity throughout the universe. I hereby acknowledge that the New York Magpies shall have no obligation to use my name, likeness, persona or identifying characteristics. Further, I hereby release the New York Magpies, its assignees and licensees from any and all claims and demands arising out of or in connection with such use, including, without limitation any and all claims for invasion of privacy, infringement of my right to publicity, defamation (including libel and slander), false light and any other personal and/or property rights.