Dan Lehane is a 17 year old New York native who is in his fourth season with the New York Magpies. Dan has been selected in the World 18 team that will compete in the under 16 2011 NAB AFL U16 National Championships in Sydney, Australia during the week starting July 11.
As part of his preparation Dan has embarked on a 6 week training program to ensure he is in top match condition for the tournament. He will also be travelling to Australia a few weeks early and playing some local games to get acclimatized.
Danâ€™s preliminary itinerary is a follows:
– Friday 17-Jun-11: Arrive in Melbourne at 8:20am
– Tuesday 21-Jun-11: Training with Uni Blacks
– Thursday 23-Jun-11: Training with Uni Blacks
– Saturday 25-Jun-11: Play with Uni Blacks U 19â€™s
– Tuesday 28-Jun-11: Training with Uni Blacks
– Thursday 30-Jun-11: Training with Uni Blacks
– Saturday 02-July-11: Play with Uni Blacks U 19â€™s
– Monday 04-July-11: 11am – Arrive at Melbourne Uni for 5 day high performance camp
– Friday 08-July-11: Travel with team to Sydney
– Sunday 10-July-11: 1st game for the World 18 team in the carnival
– Sunday 17-July-11: Depart Sydney for 10:15am flight
Dan will be writing a blog and we will post it online so we can keep up with the young Magpie star during his preparation and journey to Australia. Good Luck Dan!